Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C25K

    One of my ongoing DIY projects is to progress through the Couch-to-5K program. I have fitness goals that I want to meet, and I'm utilizing this accessible, free program as a tool. My long-term goals are to gain strength, endurance, maintain a healthy weight for my height and BMI, and be able to keep up with my young daughter. My short-term goals are to shed excess weight in a healthy, responsible way so I can be healthy when my husband and I try to get pregnant later in the year.
    Don't worry, I'm not turning this into a weight loss blog! But this is a project that is important to me, and I'm pleased with C25K so far. I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in running but either lives a sedentary lifestyle (like me, when I started. Damn College!) or isn't quite sure how to start. If you don't know, C25K's goal is to eventually get people to a point where they are physically able to run in a 5K Marathon. The workouts increase in intensity on a weekly basis, but you can take it as slowly as you need to. You can do Week 2 as many times as you need to until you're able to move on, or try skipping from Week 1 to Week 3, if you think you're ready. The whole point is to get off the couch and get active.
    After today's workout, I'm excited to have another run. Maybe next time, I'll take my daughter with me. :)

-=CaseyCannolis

1 comment:

  1. hey, you! I saw you started a crafty blog and followed you. would you be ever so kind and follow my blog and make me feel like less of a loser? thaaaanks!

    ReplyDelete